Wednesday, July 14, 2010

'You have to be brave to do full-frontal nudity,' says Eva Mendes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-_X_LWhenUendofvid
[starttext]
By Sophie Forbes

Inner voice: Eva Mendes talks herself into feeling sexy in Allure magazine photoshoot


Being called sexy should be high on the list of compliments for most woman - but Eva Mendes has other ideas.

'I'm definitely responsible for the image that I put out there,' says the actress of her sexy ad campaigns and steamy film roles.

'But it does become frustrating, because I don't want 'sexy' to be my defining characteristic. I'd love for my ambition and will and intellect and sense of humor to define me as well.'

It's a worthy ambition. But the 36-year old actress doesn't exactly help her cause as she poses for Allure magazine's August cover shoot with Michael Thompson in his New York City studio. She candidly discusses taking her clothes off, talking herself into feeling sexy and how it takes bravery to do full-frontal nudity.

However responsible she feels for her 'sexy' public image, the actress still has to give herself pep talks while she's on a shoot.


Sultry: Eva Mendes, posing here for Allure magazine, doesn't want 'sexy' to be her defining characteristic


Cover girl: The August issue of Allure magazine


'If a negative thought pops into my head, I talk to the voice within me and say, "I know you want to tell me that I'm less than desirable, but not now. You can come back in a couple days and cut me down when I'm done with this shoot. I promise to let you in then,"' she says.

'I have worked very hard to love myself, and I do. I think that's what people may respond to with me,' says Mendes.

'Because there are a ton of beautiful girls in this business with beautiful bodies.'
Eva also discussed the double standards when it comes to nudity in Hollywood.

'[When] other actresses who aren't thought of, maybe, as being quite as attractive do full-frontal, they're called brave. Nobody has ever said, "Eva, you're so brave for doing full-frontal nudity."

'Just because I'm attractive doesn't mean it's not still scary,' she says.

'Why am I not brave?'

The star must have conjured some bravery in order to take on her new role in the move The Other Guys alongside comedy powerhouse Will Ferrell and Hollywood heart-throb Mark Wahlberg.


Many faces: Eva Mendes jokes around in a series of poses for the magazine shoot


Eva plays the wife of Will's character in the film which follows two unfortunate New York city cops trying to prove themselves.

No nudity in this one. The film is released on September 2nd.

To see more of Eva, go to www.Allure.com
[endtext]

No comments:

Post a Comment