Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wonder who she could be referring to: Is Taylor Swift calling out love rat John Mayer in angry new song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0vlUXfG82sendofvid

[starttext]

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Cover girl: Taylor Swift covers Billboard magazine this month as she promotes new album Speak Now, where she targets people she feels have done her wrong


She's known for turning her real-life experiences into hit songs.

And it looks like Taylor Swift is focusing in on her alleged fling with John Mayer in her new song Dear John.

Taylor worked with Mayer in 2009 when she collaborated with him on his song Half of my Heart.

Although the couple were rumoured to have been dating at the time, neither of them ever confirmed it.

But now it appears Taylor is calling out serial dater Mayer for the way he treated her.
She sings:
'Dear John
I see it all now that you're gone
Don't you think I was too young
To be messed with
The girl in the dress
Cried the whole way home
I should've known.

My mother accused me of losing my mind
But I swore I was fine...
You'll add my name to your long list of traitors who don't understand
And I'll look back in regret I ignored what they said
"Run as fast as you can".'


Dear John: Taylor and John Mayer together at the VEVO launch in New York on December 8, 2009 when they were allegedly dating


Although she doesn't name names in her songs, she told Access Hollywood that her songs aren't usually too vague.

And she claims her fans can read between the lines to figure out who she's singing to.

She says: 'Every single song is like a roadmap to what that relationship stood for, with little markers that maybe everyone won't know, but there are things that were little nuances of the relationship, little hints.

'And every single song is like that. Everyone will know, so I don't really have to send out emails on this one.'


Fellow love rat: Swift also takes aim at ex-boyfriend Joe Jonas who allegedly dumped her by phone to hook up with Camilla Belle, pictured here in June 2009


John Mayer is not the only person in the line of fire: old boyfriend Joe Jonas is targeted in a song called Better Than Revenge.

Joe allegedly broke up with Taylor over the phone and left her for Camilla Belle, who she sings about as 'an actress' who's 'better known for things she does on the mattress.'

And Taylor expects to hear back from the people she has written about in her songs.
'My songs are like open letters,' she tells the Ladies Home Journal.

'They say everything I wished I had said when certain people were standing right in front of me. I imagine I will be getting a few text messages from them once the album comes out.'

Thank Heavens John Mayer has ceased twittering or we'd never hear the end of it.
You can check out the entire interview on Billboard's website.



Little red riding cutie: Swift was a vision in red yesterday as she bundled up against the French autumn chills in Paris



source :dailymail
[endtext]

No comments:

Post a Comment