Monday, August 16, 2010

Charlotte Church looks happy and relaxed in Cardiff... but new single's lyrics hint at the heartache she has suffered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6IIgDrVT9wendofvid

[starttext]

By Mail Online Reporter

Curves: Charlotte Church looks to have reached a happy weight after regaining some of the four stone she lost earlier in the year


Charlotte Church has plenty to smile about again. She is already receiving acclaim for her brand new single Snow, which previewed this week.

Her album Back to Scratch is out in November, and is the result of reported late-night song writing sessions with rumoured new boyfriend Jonathan Powell at her house.

Charlotte looked relaxed as she strolled down the street in Cardiff in jeans and a peasant blouse. The 24-year-old seems to be embracing the return of her famous curves after her weight plummeted earlier in the year.

She has said previously that being skinny doesn't necessarily make her happy. When grilled on her figure in March, Charlotte said: 'I was fat when I was pregnant, but I was happy.

'I went up to a size 16 because I ate a lot and I was always full. I was contented. Am I happier now I'm a size 8? No, I feel the same.'

But it appears as though the singer has regained some of the four stone she lost, and after looking gaunt throughout in the midst of her separation from fiancé Gavin Henson in May, it is good to see the singer looking happy and healthy.

Perhaps her carefree appearance is down to Jonathan, who she has known for four years when he began working as a barman at her mother's pub.


New romance? The singer's new album was co-written by rumoured new boyfriend Jonathan Powell in late night song writing session at her home studio


While Charlotte has kept mum on whether their friendship has indeed blossomed into romance, she wasn't afraid to feature Jonathan in a behind-the-scenes video for the single.

The musician can be seen strumming the guitar during recording sessions. In the video Charlotte looks emotional as she sings the telling lyrics:

'I've been dormant for too long now like I've been in hibernation. But I love you, you know, it's just I discovered there is life beneath the snow.'


Yo yo: The 24-year-old lost four stone ealrier in the year (left) and sported a fuller figure in 2009 (right), but says being skinnier didn't make her any happier


'That doesn't make this heartache any easier to accept.

'Spending every waking moment that I could with you, now I'm wondering what you're doing, and I'm wondering if I'd like to do it too.'

Charlotte talks about their song writing sessions in Nashville, a place she says she loved because, 'it's just saturated with music.'

Fans can expect a different type of music from the album, which the singer says was about: 'Experimenting, trying to find a new different sound but also one that goes with my voice.'


Back to work: The singer debuted her new single Snow this week, which features haunting lyrics about heartache

source: dailymail

[endtext]

No comments:

Post a Comment